Hypertension facts are basic high blood pressure facts. Most of them has been scientifically proven to be true.
Anyone can use these hypertension facts, to control, prevent and adequately manage this medical condition with collaborative efforts of his/ her qualified physician and health care providers.
One of the scary fact about hypertension is that, it is one of the leading cause of death, all over the world.
1) At least 1 billion people has this disease all over the world, equally a large number of individuals are walking around without knowing that, they have high blood pressure.
2) You cannot determine whether you have high blood pressure by how you feel... you can only know and confirm, your blood pressure by having it accurately checked, with a well maintained blood pressure cuff (machine)
3) Over 500 million people around the world are on medication for this medical condition...you can use the knowledge and the well-established high blood pressure facts to modify your lifestyle in lowering blood pressure to healthy levels, by losing excess weight and improving the quality of your life.
4) A confirmed or diagnosed hypertension or high bp...partly indicates, that your heart is simply working too hard.
5) Smoking and tobacco use is not good for anyone, but it is even more dangerous for someone with elevated BP.
6) It is a known fact that, other diseases like diabetes and kidney disease can predispose you to developing high blood pressure.
7) Hypertension Fact : Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension...(DASH), Dash diet has been proven to reduce high blood pressure. Learn how to lower blood pressure with this effective diet.
8) Kidney disease can cause hypertension, and hypertension can cause kidney disease.
9) You must use the appropriate cuff size for measuring bp, otherwise you will get inaccurate results...not one bp cuff size fits all...!!!
10) Sedentary Lifestyle, is a form of physical in-activity, and lack of exercise, it substantially increases, the risk of developing this disease.
11) People who are vegetarians mostly have lower blood pressure... so, eat a lot of fresh fruits, and vegetables, also cut back on salt intake.
12) Some prescription medication like steroids or corticosteroids, even some decongestants, can raise your blood pressure, ask your pharmacist...
13) Over 85 percent of people will develop this medical condition, during the course of their lifetime...if they live beyond 70 years of age.
14) Hypertension has no cure... by this we mean, it is a lifelong medical condition, which requires ongoing personal care and attention. Simply ignoring it, or thinking it is under control, will not make it go away... and can even make it worse.
15) Excessive and constant stress has been implicated as one of the causes of hypertension.
In conclusion, please work collaboratively with your qualified physician and health care professional to use, therapeutic lifestyle changes for hypertension, and healthy food options to keep your bp within the healthy levels.